Thursday, November 9, 2006

Sit still!


I can't stop applying for other jobs. Maybe it's because I was looking and sending in applications for so long that it's become a habit now. I don't really want to leave my current job because I've been there such a short time. And I don't hate it. The people are nice. It's a good crowd with fun potential. But the lure of a government job is hard to resist, no matter how tedious and boring it might be. I got my security clearance for one department, so I'm sending in a signed somethingorother. And then the tax place sent me a letter yesterday. I applied for some clerical job for them last year, and was approved too late (after I'd started working for Cdn Heritage). So they sent me a letter saying they'd be hiring again and to submit some forms if I was interested. I'm not really. It's only a 3 month term, it's located far away, and filing and organzing people's taxes is hardly at the top of my dream job list. But.... it pays over $20/hr. I guess it can't hurt to send in the forms.

I guess I just have to accept that I'm a restless person, always looking for other options, pacing, imagining, searching. Always tempted to take that step and be on the move once again.

1 comment:

Laoch said...

a Tax women!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...