Saturday, June 9, 2007

And stay out!


Big news, I am now the proud owner of my very own bedroom door! You may all gasp in shock at the revelation that for the last 18 months, I have in fact been doorless. Although it definitely wasn't an ideal set-up, it wasn't as bad as it may sound. My bedroom is actually two rooms, one with a couch and tv, the other with my bed. We all use the tv room part as a communal area, and my bedroom part is around the corner, so you can't actually see it from the hall. In any case, a door has been purchased, and just needs to be installed. Of course it isn't simple, the door frame was an odd size and nothing fit properly, so we have to insert a strip of wood to make it an inch smaller. It's also actually a two-fold closet door because the awkward location meant a one-piece door wouldn't open fully. But who cares, this is so exciting!!!

3 comments:

larry said...

Well Amanda,,,,,,,I would have to start with a big ol down to earth GRATZ on the bedroom door thing, Gawd knows i couldnt sleep if i didnt have one,,,,,but,,,,Its always open !!!! heh heh Anyhoo Way to go =)

Corrina said...

Sweet!  Welcome to the world of Privacy. ;-)

Unknown said...

Congrats on the door, very exciting isn\'t it....  A little bit of privacy helps.   Have a great week!!   Peace, Love & Light

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...