Wednesday, October 4, 2006

Another job

Yep, I've got a another job. This one is a proper Mon-Fri full time position. I'm an agent's assistant, working for a company that represents musicians and various artists, booking tours, concerts etc. And after my first shift, I''d like to share with you my first impressions:

I hate it.

The majority of the staff seem really nice. And perhaps there would be some cool perks like free tickets to shows and meeting lots of different people. But there are a variety of cons that outweigh the potential cool factor.

1) My salary is much lower than I'd like

2) The hours are stupid: 9-6 instead of 9-5. Grr!

3) The work doesn't seem very stimulating and it would be ages before it got interesting

and most importantly,

4) The boss is a real asshole,

I couldn't believe how rude he was to me! He wanted to arrange my contract, spell out the details etc. I asked if there was overtime and he replied very snarkily "No. Why, did you think there would be?" To which I said no, I was just wondering. It's a fair question after all, and if they have no intention of paying overtime, they better not expect me to work 10 hour days like the girl I'm replacing.

But that's not what really shocked me. I mentioned that I had a class once a week that started at 6, so would it be alright if those days I worked 8-5. He abruptly said no. Just a flat out NO. For a second I thought he might be joking. But he wasn't. Then he went on a tirade about how I'd already asked for 4 days off (I told him when he made me the job offer that I was committed to several shifts elsewhere and asked if it would be a problem) and he was running a business and blah blah blah being so nasty! I was so taken aback by his unjustified inflexibility and unnecessarily rude tone. Anyway, I don't take talk like that, even from the boss, and I told him that to be fair, he had just dropped those 9-6 hours on me last minute, which I found surprising because they aren't standard hours, so how was I to know that my classes would be a problem. Then, like an obnoxious child, he told me he wasn't in the mood to discuss it with me and shoed me out.

I'm not impressed. This doesn't make me look forward to tomorrow, let alone the next.... indeterminate amount of time that I work there. So, the job search continues.

2 comments:

Heather said...

It\'s gonna be a fun ride for you by the sounds of it...I hope it doesn\'t take too much out of you. *HUGS*

Bernard said...

Bonsoir,Merci pour les bons commentaires et je voudrais aussivous félicitez pour le votre que je trouve très sympa..……..................................@@@@...…............o00o.............@@()@@......vVVv...00()00........._...@@@@.....(___)...`0000´..._.(_)_......L..........wWWw.....~Y~........|.......(_)@(_).....|.........(_____).......\\|..........\\|/....../.(_).......\\|/...........~Y~.....\\\\|///......\\\\|//..\\|/...........\\\\|//..........\\\\|// Hello,Thanks for the comment, im fine thanks u, how are you ?Hope u had a great week end  :) Hugs Stéphanie xxxxx Gros bisoux XOXOXO

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...