Sunday, April 16, 2006

it figures

I chose the colour that best represents my complexion - or at least the contents of my kleenex. Eww.....

Yep, I was all excited about the long weekend: the first long weekend that I really get to enjoy. I've never had a job where these sorts of holidays effect me, so the idea of a 4 day weekend had me overjoyed, especially since the weather's been so nice.

So of course I'm sick. Had almost no sleep the other night, I was freezing cold one minute, then soaking the sheets with sweat the next. Not to mention the heap of snotty kleenex beside the bed. Very attractive, I know. The next day wasn't much better. My whole body was aching, every movement I made, no matter how gently I stepped or how slowly I turned, was like my brain being smashed around inside my skull. And here's something very strange, one of the most tender parts of my body, were my heels. They were so sore and bruised feeling I could barely touch them.
How odd is that?

Today I'm a bit better, my head is down to a dull ache and my eyes don't feel nearly as swollen. I'm still really stuffed up, but only on one side.

What a lovely read. I figured lots of other people would write about chocolate and bunnies, leaving the market on germs and snot wide open for me. Enjoy your Easter dinners, I gotta go blow my nose.

13 comments:

Heather said...

Feel better soon! HUGS

Charles said...

Hey somebody cloned my weekend and gave it to you, right down to having sore heels. weird

t i m said...

I was just about to have another Easter egg. Thanks for ruining my appetite. :)

Jen said...

hope you feel better soon!
That\'s always the way it happens isn\'t it? Always sick on days off :(

Unknown said...

We were all sick here too!
Hope you are feeling all hippity-hoppity soon hun!
Yes , I had to start yet another space!Lmao!
Guess I should learn to BEHAVE eh? *giggles*
 


**********(¨`·.·´¨)****************(¨`·.·´¨).¸.(¨`·.·´¨)******* *(¨`·.·´`·. ¸.·´*** `·.¸.·´`·.·´¨)* **`·.¸.·´ *Happy Tuesday*`·.¸.·´*********(¨`·.·´¨) (¨`·.·´¨)******* ********`·.¸(¨`·.·´¨)..·´******** ************`·.¸.·´************
xoxox
Angie

Marley said...

I\'m always sick on my days off, too.  I was supposed to go out Saturday, but stayed up with plugged up ears. 
 
I hope you\'re feeling better!  Take care.

Barbara said...

Just wandered over from Laoch\'s blog;  hope you are feeling better.  What a shame to lose a weekend to illness. :((

Josie said...

ouch ...I was in the same boat .....then had to take the rest of this week off work ...thank god for sick days ....i work for the feds too...<evil grin> ...what dept are you with? ...
 
anyways ..it\'s been a while since we\'ve been commenting on eachothers spaces ...I figure it\'s high time that you donate me your eye for my eye bank...<evil grin> ...I\'ll be waiting ... :)
 
Hope you\'re having a good weekend :)
 
Josie
TTfN

bob said...

"What a lovely read."
 
Your entries are lovely reads irregardless of the content, I just wish time allowed me to be as sociable as i\'d prefer... sorry its been awhile.  And again despite the lovely imagery and talk of what\'s in your kleenex - all that came to my mind was the desire to be your nurse lol.
I hope you\'re better soon sweetie.

Jade said...

Howdy Manders! 
Went to our favorite asian market yesterday " A Dong"
All kind a Yummy stuff!!!! All the desert stuff tastes the same though-coconut & tapioca gelatinous - the guys love it - Blah!
I like the styrofoam crispy snacks mmm!

Unknown said...

♥♥♥ Dropping off some LOVE♥♥♥
Gone semi-generic *spank me*
I have an insanely busy day ...........
 
Ang xox

Byllie said...

You know, as seemingly disgusted as i should be with the discussion of snot.....i  really didnt mind this one at all.  What disgusts me is going to the doctor with a chest cold (or compareable) and having him ask what color the phlegm is....then the consistency of it.....HOW COMPLETELY GROSS AND DISGUSTING.......  they\'ve asked to see it, too.......ugh.........*shiver* YUCK.
 
yeah - scrap what i just said and erase it from ur memory - that is disgusting....
 
sorry - but this is what snot-talk does to me - extracts troublesome memories.....i will curb the urge to share them next time......
 
hope u are feeling better, i am sending u some virtual chicken udon soup (is that the right word for noodle?) to help ease the congestion and just VIRTUALLY make u feel brand new again....
 
menthol wishes.......

Byllie said...

*oops*  he he
um, i guess the soup was a little late - just realized that easter weekend was over a week ago.  I sure hope u are feeling better for sure.
 
how are things going? Still feeling a little claustrophobic about being tied to one place?  maybe we could take a virtual vacation together - go surfing some great destinations online.  ooooh yeah! I will drop anything to do this if it will help.....(yes, i lack a certain degree of excitement in my life).
take care....miss ur blogs - high times and low - just miss knowing how u r doin\'.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...