Tuesday, April 25, 2006

The countdown begins

Eek! Exactly one week till Stars on Ice!! I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait!

I am such I geek, I know, but I love this show. And let me clear something up right now, there are no skaters in giant plush costumes. I won't bore you all with the details of who's skating (kurt browning- yay!) and who isn't (steven cousins- sniff) but I will tell you that once again I have awesome seats inches from the ice (thanks Daddy, I love oodles and heaps).

I've been pretty preoccupied with work lately, not exactly living out the most fulfilling social life. I've applied for another job within the department, but I'm not hopeful at all. Oh well, at least I'm letting them know I'm interested in staying. I've been working very hard to show what a keener I am. So yeah, personal life has fallen by the wayside, but there was nothing really interesting happening in that area anyway.

On a completely unrelated note, I read about the bombing in Dahab, Egypt. I was there just over 2 years ago. I remember the place very clearly, it was so lovely and relaxing. I walked along that beachside promenade several times. One of the restaurants I ate in is now gone - blown to smithereens. Hmm. I don't know what to say about it, but it makes me feel very strange.

6 comments:

Heather said...

Have fun out Stars on Ice!

Laoch said...

Social life is important!

t i m said...

The last time you said you had no chance of getting the job you applied for, what happened next? :)
 
Sad to hear the bombings in Egypt, it appears to be a regular concept nowadays when people resolve their differences by blowing beutiful places up.
 
I don\'t understand all the politics behind it, but it just defies all logic.
 
Anywho, take care & do try to get a social life. ;)

Graziano said...

Hello from Italy!
Graziano
COSE PREZIOSE

monty said...

well, by my counting you must be at stars on ice tonight. pictures? reportage?

bob said...

"One of the restaurants I ate in is now gone - blown to smithereens. Hmm. I don\'t know what to say about it, but it makes me feel very strange."
I find it all extremely sad.  Maybe i\'m getting old and think the world is getting worse, but i can\'t help but think the solution is us all having more manners.  God I sound like a cliche, like a smilieface with nothing behind it... but what happened to a respect of self, at the very least a tolerance of others if not understanding, o merely treating people like their actual human beings with feelings and family too.  Personally i think we\'re off the track in the direction we\'re going - heck just a few decades ago the theme was free love, talk contrast.
 
I\'m sorry for your feelings of a strangeness manders.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...