Thursday, December 29, 2005

Yay!

It's working again!

I am now free to wish everyone a Happy Channukah! And a belated Merry Christmas!

I got back from Saskatchewan on the 25th and went to my Aunt's house for Christmas dinner. Mmm... I haven't been in years and it was just as delicious as always. My favourite is the ham (bad jew). Then I went over to my dad's for some Channukah festivities where I even got some presents! The most exciting being a ticket to Stars on Ice with a seat right on the floor! EEEEEK!!!!!!!!! I totally squealed and hopped around in some crazy happy dance. Thank you daddy! I'm such a geek. My little niece looked adorable and was full of hugs for her Auntie Amanda (that's me! How fun!). My brother arrived later, having just returned from Europe. Now I don't have the house to myself anymore, but company is nice. Especially since I'm still unemployed and just shuffle around the house all day. Now I have another unemployed bum to keep me company.

I'm not quite my normal chipper self these days. Feeling a bit overwhelmed. I have so many things that I want to do (put albums together, post some pics on here, get some paintings framed, start exercising, find a job, knit an afgan...) and I just have no motivation to do anything.
A job is at the top of my list, something to get me moving so I feel I'm settling in again. But I don't know what the hell I can do. I feel like I'm not qualified for anything and I really don't want to go back to waitressing again. Bah. Theran and I have parted ways once again, he's heading back to live in Vancouver, I'm staying here. I don't know what to say about it. We were together a long time and did so many amazing things together.

So, I guess I've got the holiday blues. New Years is fast approaching and I have no plans. I'll find something, I'm sure there'll be a couple of options. I'll probably get stupidly drunk and then end up crying that I have no life and nobody to kiss at midnight. It'll be a self-pity celebration! Wheee!

Happy holidays!!!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Cheer up Amanda, I\'ll kiss you at midnight. Just push my husband out of the way. ;-) How have you been?

Laoch said...

Happy holidays to you Mander. I have no doubt that you will find your place in the circle.

Marley said...

Don\'t worry too much about any of those things right now. You still have a few days before the holidays are officially over....you can worry then ;)And New Year\'s is overrated! Talk to u soon.....take care!

Unknown said...

Wheee!!! self-pity celebration... can i come too?hope you get over those holiday blues manders!

Unknown said...

»-(¯`v´¯)-»»-(¯`v´¯)-»»-(¯`v´¯)-»»-(¯`v´¯)-»»I cherishe every one of you , each in a special way.Your friendship is among all that I am thankful for this past year.Although this may seem generic , it comes from my heart and couldn\'t be more sincere ! Have A Happy New Year If it didn\'t bring you joyjust leave it behindLet\'s ring in the new yearwith good things in mindLet every bad memorythat brought heartache and painAnd let\'s turn a new leafwith the smell of new rainLet\'s forget past mistakesmaking amends for this yearSending you these greetingsto bring you hope and cheer♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪ Happy New Year 2006♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪ http://www.sugarqube.com/Ecards/CardView.cfm?CardID=1148&L1=1&L2=18&L3=0&Page=»-(¯`v´¯)-»♪♪♪ LOVE ANGIE ♪♪♪ »-(¯`v´¯)-»

peabody said...

happy harmonica \'manda!! ;)now where\'s my afgan?cheers manda.. u rock babe..

The Lovely Lindsey said...

I usually get the holiday blues too... the good thing about this is they come with the territory and it\'s over just as fast as the holidays....

Laoch said...

Happy new year

deadites said...

Happy New Year!

Heather said...

I hope that you didn\'t end up crying the blues this New Year\'s. Good luck with the job search. HUGSDarling

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...