Monday, September 27, 2021

Remember me?

Five and a half years since I posted here. A lifetime ago. More than a lifetime, literally. I’ve brought a whole new life into the world since then, and sometimes it feels hard to remember the me before these kids.

So here we are, over 19 months into a pandemic, and I don’t have anything to say. Feeling sad. Feeling frustrated. Exhausted. I keep having these sudden random memories pop into my head. Flashes of places I’ve been but had forgotten about, people I used to hang out with, little snapshots of my youthful self. Was that really me? It seems so long ago. 

It’s a beautiful late September evening. I’m sitting in the park taking some quiet time to myself. If I stare blankly into the grass for a while, it looks like the ground is undulating. 

Maybe I’ll write again before the decade is up. Hopefully I’ll feel more like my old self. 

Better get home now. 

2 comments:

Sultan said...

Carpe diem

DB Stewart said...

Keep going. #insertfistbumphere

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...