Monday, May 14, 2007

I don't want to share


I'm very happy that Theran has a new girlfriend. I know he'd been unhappy for a while, and I really do want the best for him. So when he told me he was seeing someone, I was genuinely glad to here it. It's always good to hear someone you love is doing well. We're still great friends, of course I want him to be with someone who's good for him. So no bitter feelings there. Honestly.

He told me today that the two of them are going on a trip together.  Cool, sounds like fun. But... they're going to Edinburgh,  NOT cool. That's our place. That's where we met, fell in love, lived together for the first time. That's where things were perfect. I don't want him to be there with some other girl. The thing is, I wouldn't feel comfortable going there with a new boyfriend, at least definitely not on a first holiday. How can he? Isn't he going to be reminded of me at every turn? This was where we went on our first date. This is where we always met after work. This was our first apartment. This is the pub we went to every Wednesday for our pub quiz. This is the romantic restaurant we ate in on our birthdays. How can he just go there with someone new?

Can't they go elsewhere? Anywhere but there. That place is mine. Mine and his. And he's ruining it.

5 comments:

Kelly said...

Ya.. that\'s totally not fair of him... That\'s men for you though...  Don\'t take your feelings into consideration.

Laoch said...

It is probably best that you disengaging yourself from him.  There are good reasons why people who break up often have trouble being close afterwards.The solution as you know, is to start working on your new love interests and put the old boyfriend out to pasture where he belongs

t i m said...

I love Edinburgh Castle!
 
What, not helping?
 
Ok, yeah, what Laoch said below, I most concur.

Corrina said...

Honestly, hun, guys don\'t think the same way we females do in regards to past places ... you think of the place as yours & his whereas he\'s probably thinking it\'s a place to make nice memories seeing as it\'s already done so in one previous relationship why not make the same nice memories with his current.
 
I don\'t doubt that you wish all the happiness in the world for him but I\'d have to agree with Laoch and tim in that you should separate yourself from him so that the less you hear about his travels & his new relationship the better.
 
♥Take care♥

Jade said...

He (men) just don\'t get it, don\'t feel it, don\'t think...
He probably just thinks going there is good luck the dope.
I\'m sorry he\'s messing with your memories... I wish he hadn\'t talked with you at all about it... I guess loach is right.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...