Tuesday, January 31, 2006

the birthday

Yay, birthdays are so fun! Except for the whole getting older aspect.

All my fretting was for nothing, it turned out just fine. There were piles upon piles of delicious goodies to eat, a big bowl of sangria, and everyone who said they'd come showed up, plus a couple more. I was too busy working the room and making sure everyone was getting enough food to eat anything myself, but I did manage to get in several trips to the sangria. Then I moved on to my old reliable caesars. Yum... they're always good to me.

My friends brought over a couple of playstation games: karaoke challenge (or something) and Dance Dance Revolution. Oh my god, I know I'm a big dork, but that dance game is just way too fun! Luckily all my friends are dorks too, because everyone loved it. I must buy it....

It started to thin out after between 1 and 2, some friends having kids to go home to, others with lots of schoolwork etc etc. Of course, the vodka in me didn't want to lose fellow revellers, so I puppy-dog-eyed and guilted and did everything possible to try and keep people as long as possible. The final guest managed to escape my drunken grasp at about 5am and I reluctantly. resigned myself to sleep. Tsk tsk, Amanda, have
you no pride? Nope, not much.

So, that's it in a nutshell. No humiliating drunken fiascos, but a respectably late bedtime. Not too shabby for a 29 year old.

6 comments:

Marley said...

so not too bad, I was only a year off!  We\'re only a few days apart!  Woo hoo.  I know that my birthday won\'t consist of as much fun as yours.  It sounds like you had a great time.  Take care and talk to u soon.

Laoch said...

It\'s always too early to go to bed!

Will said...

Happy belated Birthday Manders! Sounds like good times.

Heather said...

Happy Belated Birthday!
HUGS

Jade said...

Hey! that sounded great!  You are so lucky to have friends to come by that are dorks & geeks.

peabody said...

happy birthday babe ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...