Saturday, August 13, 2005

smoke 'em if you got 'em

 Here are two views on smoking. The one I'm used to, being from Canada, which is "SMOKING BAD, SMOKING GROSS, SMOKING KILLS."


 




 



 


And here is a demonstration of the Chinese attitude.* Slightly more laid back with a tad less emphasis on death. "FREE CIGARETTES, SMOKE AWAY, YUM YUM." These were samples being handed out in the bar one night.




 


*before I get criticized for being racist or generalising about Chinese people, here is my disclaimer: This is NOT the opinion or view of everyone in China, I am well aware of that. None of my Chinese friends smoke, all I'm pointing out is that the government doesn't condemn it and smoking is permitted everywhere. So don't go getting your panties in a bunch!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope yer having a great weekend !!!! xox

Rhiannon said...

haha, My B/F is straight outa China, and he told me that he will quit smoking when he quits eating rice.....I guess that means when he dies? It is really bad the rate of smokers in China, prolly about 80% of men...wouldn\'t you think? I know less woman smoke, in fact I only know 1 Chinese woman who smokes, and she is married to an American guy...go figure!

hellachella said...

I can never get enough of those pictures.

hellachella said...

I can never get enough of those pictures.

The Lovely Lindsey said...

ok... i read the disclaimer... I am un bunching my panties

静然 said...

heheh, 吸烟有害健康,on that pic too, you see ---on the top of right corner .. but it is not enough ,of course.

t i m said...

*lights a cigarette**continues reading the rest of the blog**thinks how to respond to this blog**continues smoking the cig**decides not to comment on this blog*Just kidding I don\'t smoke really unless breathing in church insence counts as smoking then I\'m guilty.;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...