Alright, 101 things about me, in no particular order....
1. First name: Amanda
2. Middle name: Blue
3. I've been to 34 coutries (technically 35, but I don't count one because I was only cutting through)
4. I have a phobia of moths (really out of control and quite humiliating)
5. I was once a judge in a wet T-shirt contest
6. I lived in Scotland for over 2 years
7. I lived in N.Z for about 8 months
8. I have been living in China for over 8 months
9. I have a scar by my left eye from falling when I was 2 (my clumsiness goes way back)
10. I love going to Stars on Ice (yay Kurt!)
11. I love Buffy and Angel (mock all you like, they're good shows!)
12. I hate popcorn
13. I think tomatoes are gross
14. But oddly, I like bruscetta
15. I prefer salty snacks to sweet snacks
16. At home, I still have 3 stuffed animals that stay in my bed with me (yeah, yeah....)
17. First real job: Taco Bell
18. Longest job (so far): Olive Garden (4 years!)
19. Fave alcoholic drink: caesars, paralysers, and of course good ole beer!
20. I accept, and most of the time like, my height- 5'3"
21. Most exotic things I've eaten: dog, silkworm, possum, snake and sea cucumber
22. I can't cook
23. I like to pretend i'm going to puke ("I don't feel so good....blech! heh heh)
24. I can play the piano (took lessons for 10 years)
25. I can speak French (although I'm really out of practice)
26. I'm learning Chinese (verrrrrrrrry slowly)
27. I was an English major
28. I choose Coke over Pepsi
29. Fountain coke over canned coke
30. But the best is grapefruit pop. Mmmmmm........
31. Favourite cereal: Muffets (shreaded wheat) with LOADS of brown sugar
32. I hate the word "panties"
33. Do NOT call me Mandy
34. I like the sound of an overhead compartment on an airplane clicking shut
35. My first word was 'cow'
36. My first phrase was "good girl!" (praising myself - ha!)
37. I have an extensive My Little Pony collection that I just can't part with
38. I have memorised most of the world capitals
39. The best-named capitals are Oagadougou (in Burkina Faso) and Bandar Seri Begawan (Brunei)
40. I've got nice boobs (what?? I do!)
41. Ewan McGregor is hot and I love him (but not in Star Wars)
42. I prefer clean-shaven to any sort of facial hair
43. Best ice cream: Paradiso-NZ/Solero-UK ("premium vanilla ice cream wrapped in a soft, tropical fruit sorbet" Mmmmmmmmmm.)
44. I'm Jewish
45. I love bagels (and money)
46. I can't throw anything away. I have boxes of stuff containing useless things like old notes from Jr. high, a shoebox full of marbles, and even "amanda" stickers from grade 1 - that's 1983 people!!!
47. I only eat the brown (and sometimes yellow) M&Ms
48. I'm extremely indecisive
49. Job I'd love: writer for Maxim
50. I've gone bungee jumping (340 ft - Woohoo!)
51. I've gone skydiving (10,000 ft!)
52. I've gone white-water rafting
53. Fun animals I've ridden: donkey, camel, elephant
54. The donkey tried to hump another donkey while I was on it
55. The camel ran away with me on it (it was very scary and I cried lots)
56. The elephant knocked a woman over trying to get the bananas out of her hands, then went on a little rampage pulling up small trees (yes, I was on it the whole time)
57. I became a certified SCUBA diver at the Great Barrier Reef
58. I love the french word for tire: "pneu". It's just so fun to say!
59. I will always blow my straw wrapper at whoever I'm sitting with. I just can't help myself
60. I love playing games - trivia games especially
61. I could kick your ass at a game of pool (but at least I'm modest)
62. I can fold my tongue into a clover shape
63. I love going to Costco just for the free sample stands.
64. I'm very good at keeping secrets
65. I hate it when I don't know a secret!
66. I have a slight fixation with keychains. I have a huge mass of them all attached to one another, but I only have 2 keys.
67. I still love playing dress-up. I go all out for Halloween and theme parties! One of my best costumes was when I went as trailer trash. One day when I get back to Canada, I'll have to scan in the photo!
68. The word "armpit" grosses me out. I don't even like writing it!
69. I am a VERY slow shopper. Must compare everything and search for the best price. Also picky about getting the best copy of something (I had to exchange a season of Angel because the box I bought had a dent in it)
70. I love etymology and anything to do with word/phrase origins. Where customs come from too...I could spend hours in the reference section of a bookstore!
71. I can sing the alphabet backwards (I even invented my own tune!)
72. The tune didn't quite fit so I had to add an extra "la la" at the end - it sounds ridiculous
73. I quite smoking 1 year, 7 months and 11 days ago
74. I sing along to the radio, even when I don't know the words
75. The first concert I went to was INXS (1992?)
76. I received 6 awards in high school and one in university (English Lit type stuff)
77. I like to fake arguments with my friends in public places. The confined little bank machine area is great because the bystanders can't get away.
78. I HATE the feel of cotton balls. *shudder*
79. I'm good at bargaining
80. I tested positive for tuberculous when I was 15 (had Xrays and a tube shoved down my throat, then had to take many big pills for several months)
81. I like the smell of gasoline
82. Thunderstorms make me giddy and happy.
83. I'm open-minded
84. I'm a lot more sentimental than people probably think
85. Favourite birthday cake: Angel food cake with whipped cream and raspberries. Mmm!
86. I still like to have mini-duels with cocktail swords
87. I have 2 younger siblings - a sister and a brother. We used to play fun games like I'm the queen and you're my orphan slaves!
88. I love looking at all stationery type things - new notebooks, pens etc
89. I often call people jerkball. I know, I'm too cruel.
90. I'm considered a "foreign expert" here in China, and I've got the documents to prove it!
91. I don't like any form of mint drinks - in fact, mint is only good in after dinner candy form
92. I was vice-president of my school in grade 4.
93. I was president of my school in grade 6.
94. I wasn't cool enough to run for anything in jr. high
95. I shot an M-16 in Vietnam
96. I love that moment right before a first kiss
97. As soon as someone tells me their name, I forget. It's nothing personal
98. I'm from Winnipeg and proud of it!
99. I love dumb jokes (ex: what's brown and sticky?...A stick! OR what do you call a boomerang that doesn't come back?....A stick! Hmm....maybe I just love stick jokes!)
100. I wish I could write a novel
101. I always pack last minute (heading to airport in 3 1/2 hours...do you think I'm ready??)