Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Cool and graceful

  I'm writing in purple...the colour of my aching body. I am so sore right now. My hip was smashed, my knee is swollen, even my finger is bruised. What caused these extensive injuries?? I was hit by a car!!!

  Unfortunately, no. The cause of my pain is much more embarrassing and entirely my own doing. I was teaching my kindergarten class this morning and we were playing a variation on Red Rover. But whenever a kid would get called, he would just timidly patter over and of course not have the force to break through the team's linked hands. So I gave a demonstration. I ran with far more gusto than I needed to defeat the team of 5 year olds and easily broke through their barrier or arms. And kept going. I realised as soon as I was through that I was going far too fast to stop on time. Their row of little wooden chairs was laying in wait, ready to attack! I tried to skid to a halt, but it was futile. Over I went, taking a chair or 2 down with me, and crashing violently to the hard floor. Oh crap did it hurt. Of course the worse thing was the thrilled laughter of the entire class, echoing in the background as I scraped together my few remaining shards of dignity, and tried my best not to hobble.

  Now it is time to limp back to class. How humiliating!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I came to you via my friend Jade\'s space. Pleasure that you come to China to teach English, I hope you are enjoying your stay here! I am fond of English, but my English sucks now, maybe you can help me, just go to my space to have a look!

Amy said...

Haha!!! *pointing at lame teacher*Lol!!! Think of Simpsons...if I can only remember the damn kids name!!! It\'s the bully!

Theresa said...

Haha! That is hilarious! But did the kids get the point of the game eventually? There is nothing sadder than little kids who don\'t know how to let loose! (Something you obviously don\'t have a problem with! Lol!)

Jenny said...

hehehe...You need to turn on your "stealth mode" before you attempt any more games, Manders. :p

Unknown said...

Holy mary mother of god!!!!! YOU NUT!!!!! Gotsta love ya tho ...I definitely give you an "A" for EFFORT!!!!TFF!!!!Hope you heal up soon!!!!Huggles,Ang ;D

peabody said...

no no, you meant to do that to entertain the little ones! bravo!

Dark Diva said...

Hope the chairs suffered as well!!LOL!!Take it easy....no more running full speed in front of the kids......they might start to like it too much...ha ha ha Feel better soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...